The Leoness is a bit of everything; fashion, fitness, food, facts, fiction, fright, fun, etc.

If you love anything I've posted or you have an effin rad lead- Please email me at: laleoness@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beauty: Tighten UP





An uncanny amount of high end anti-cellulite skin creams credit a mix of "antioxidant" rich coffee beans as their secret ingredient for tightening up and temporarily erasing the signs of cellulite. The natural diuretic properties of caffeine help to stimulate circulation in the body, while simultaneously helping to flush out junk.

This tightening anti cellulite scrub is a great exfoliant that combines the moisturizing benefits of coconut oil,  the muscle relief of seas salt, and the skin tightening perks of caffeine.

Massage the scrub on your body, really working it in. The massage action is actually what helps the most for reducing the appearance of cellulite. If you use this scrub regularly in combination with a healthy diet and exercise you should see results pretty quick!


Java Body Scrub

1 cup fresh ground coffee
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sea salt
2/3 cup coconut oil
(I was introduced to Tropical Traditions by my friend at Sparkles and Spinach. I like tropical tradition's because it is has a much richer and creamier consistency than other coconut oils I have used).

Mix the ingredients together until thoroughly combined. 
Apply liberally and enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome recipe! I'm def going to try it out!!! I'm pinning it too ;) ps - thanks for the shout out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome, I am going to try it, but I was wondering if you put this on in the shower, or if you let it stay on for a while and then rinse off? Can't wait to try, thanks!

    ReplyDelete